3D printer with cover
The Ultimaker S3 is a powerful, versatile, double-extruder 3D printer that delivers first-class results and is easy to operate. The elegant, clear housing has a closed front with a tinted glass door that protects the work space and optimises the interior temperature. An intuitive touch screen guides you through the operation of the printer and displays detailed status information. Frame lighting gives visual feedback and project clean, white light, so you can observe and inspect your print up close. An integrated power supply provides a clean footprint and makes the printer ideal for mounting on a shelf or a rack.
The Ultimaker S3 probes the construction plate at several points, thereby mapping the precise topography of the construction plate. Using this data, it compensates for surface deviations in real time, ensuring that you obtain a perfect, ultra-flat initial layer with secure adhesion. The first layer represents the foundation for your entire print – and that makes it absolutely crucial for a reliable, continuous print!
With the replaceable print cores, Ultimaker provides you with maximum flexibility and tool-free maintenance. The print head assemblies (designated as “print cores” by Ultimaker) come in material-specific variants and with different nozzle diameters. The printer is supplied with 0.4 mm nozzles as standard. Optional nozzle sizes ranging from 0.8 mm for rapid printing to 0.25 mm for extremely fine detail are also available. Print cores are classified into three categories according to the raw material: The so-called AA print core is used to print standard materials. The BB core is used to print the water-soluble support material PVA. Ultimaker developed that print head specifically to address the issue of plugged and carbonised print heads typically associated with PVA. Another optional print core (CC) with an especially hard nozzle made of ruby is designed to print abrasive materials. The print head features two print core slots, which makes it easy for you to rapidly select the desired combination for a reliable double extrusion. The standard printer includes two AA print cores and one BB print core, so the basic configuration enables you to print both PVA support material and two-colour objects. The interchangeable construction plate made of tempered glass holds your printed object securely in place throughout the printing process.
The responsive 11.9-cm colour touch screen integrated in the front panel of the Ultimaker S3 facilitates intuitive operation. Swipe through the menus and select options as you would on a smartphone. The touch screen guides you intuitively through set-up and maintenance operations, with uncomplicated, easily comprehensible instructions and high-resolution images, irrespective of your technical background or skills.
The Ultimaker S3 has a built-in camera that enables you to monitor your printing online (in the same WiFi). A built-in filament flow sensor detects when the material stops moving or nears the end. If the supply of raw material runs out, the Ultimaker S3 automatically stops and tells you what to do.
This plexiglass cover including filter (fan) is intended only for the Ultimaker S3 3D printer. The assembly comprises the cover, fan with HEPA filter, and hinged lid. It makes the Ultimaker into a 3D printer with a completely enclosed workspace.
Learning 4.0, the connected or networked learning of the future, creates learning environments designed for autonomy, enabling students to acquire knowledge and develop competence in a digital world. Digitally networked education is the first step towards Industry 4.0 (smart factory) – albeit initially in its systematic focus on students. The reasonable application of digital media can help support students. With that in mind, connected learning incorporates ideas and concepts borrowed from the engineering and educational sciences. The combination of people, expertise and technologies gives rise to the transfer of technology and knowledge. Digital learning primarily aims to interconnect knowledge and enable students to generate knowledge autonomously, exchange information with one another, evaluate information, and develop and implement their own new ideas. Achieving those objectives takes competent teachers and trainers who actively shape the learning environment, thereby helping students master the training exercises of the future in the digital knowledge-based society.
Industry 4.0 (smart factory) is characterised by, among other things, the networking of the machine all the way to the ERP system. The Ethernet interface of the Ultimaker S3 makes this possible. As a result, the Ultimaker S3 can receive order information from the ERP lab and start the printing operation automatically.
The training package includes:
- 1x Ultimaker S3 3D printer
- 1x glass plate
- 2x print cores AA 0.4 mm
- 1x print core BB 0.4 mm
- 1x spool holder with material guide and NFC sensor
- 1x mains cable
- 1x Ethernet cable
- 1x USB stick
- 1x XY calibration sheet
- 1x calibration card
- 1x hex driver 2mm
- 1x axle oil
- 1x spindle grease
- 1x glue stick
- 1x Ultimaker PLA premium filament black, 2.85 mm, 750 g
- 1x Ultimaker PLA premium filament orange, 2.85 mm, 750 g
- Plexiglass cover for Ultimaker S3
- 1x filter assembly including fan
- 1x mains cable
- 1x liquid 3D glue stick
- 1x spatula
The 3D printer is simple, safe and easy to operate. Its safety concept ensures that the 3D printer is safe and easy to handle, not only for instructors but also for trainees and students alike.
- Reliability - all new features have already been successfully implemented in the S5
- Package space of (190 x 230 x 200) mm.
- 11.9 cm colour touch screen
- Filament flow sensor
- Active bed levelling
- Front door
- Reliable dual-extrusion for 3D printing with water-soluble support material or multiple colours
- Excellent print quality - layer resolution ranging from 20 to 600 µm (depending on the nozzle – 0.25 to 0.8 mm)
- Easily replaceable print cores - available for different nozzle diameters and materials
- Built-in material detection
- Connectivity options: WiFi, Ethernet and standalone printing via USB stick
- Connection to the ERP lab via Ethernet
- Built-in camera for print monitoring
- Heated, removable printing platform
- Optimised material profile in CURA
- Optimised cooling
- Open source-based
Benefits of the plexiglass cover:
- More consistent interior temperature - particularly important when printing with ABS or other high-temperature filaments
- Air exchange via a professional fan with HEPA filter
- The cover is easy to install and remove without damaging the printer
- The cover reduces printer noise
- The filter reduces odours
- Makes the operation of the 3D printer safer
- Ideally suited for industrial environments
- Printing process: Fused filament fabrication (FFF/FDM)
- Work package space: approx. (190 x 230 x 200) mm / (7.4 x 9 x 7.9) inches - (W x D x H)
- Print volume: approx. 8.74 litres
- Machine dimensions: 394 x 489 x 637 mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: approx. 14.4 kg
- Autonomous printing: WiFi, Ethernet or with USB stick
- Printer software: Cura
- Product safety: CE-certified